The problem is that now, if we set the column encoding back to UTF-8, MySQL will run the latin1 to UTF-8 data encoding for us again and we’ll be back to where we started. To avoid this, we change the column type to blob and THEN we set it to UTF-8. This exploits the fact that MySQL will not attempt to encode a blob. Using CLOB and BLOB Data¶. Oracle Database uses LOB Objects to store large data such as text, images, videos and other multimedia formats. The maximum size of a LOB is limited to the size of the tablespace storing it.
Description: With default-character-set=sjis, Java client via Connector/J fails to insert some double-byte binary data into BLOB column and catches java.sql.SQLException. The double-byte binary data with the exception consists of: * 0x81-0x9F or 0xE0-0xFC placed in the first byte * 0x27 in the second byte The caught exception is like the ... Oracle.DataAccess.Client – Insert BLOB ( File Object ) … Table Structure CREATE TABLE "APPUSER1"."BLOBTEST" ( "ID" NUMBER NOT NULL ENABLE PRIMARY KEY,